Learn. Perform. Achieve! Helping You Drive Performance through Learning – January 2022
This month we highlight special programs that can help drive guest satisfaction at your hotel. In addition, we outline new content that is available, and highlight training to help improve your skills as a manager and leader of your hotel. Plus, we are pleased to announce December’s HOST and EMBARK completions and acknowledge the achievement for those who are now operator certified.
Creating Better Guest Experiences: Understanding Guest Service
Throughout the month of January, we will be highlighting through three videos that are focused on helping hotels improve their guest satisfaction scores. Students who have these videos assigned to their accounts will receive a message encouraging them to watch the following videos on ChoiceUTV:
Understanding Guest Service: The Value Equation
As a consumer you have purchasing options. Guess what? Your guests do too! They make booking decisions based on the value equation. Find out how you can add value to your hotel.
Understanding Guest Service: Each Guest is Unique
Hotel guests are all different but they all have one thing in common. In this video, discover the different types of guests that may stay at your hotel as well as their typical needs.
Understanding Guest Service: Ranking Problems
If you work at a hotel you will most likely have to handle guest issues. It may sound daunting but once you break down the problem, you can determine the actions you need to take.
We encourage you and your teams to review this videos and watch each of them. Consider discussing them at a team meeting, rally, or huddle. Track completions of who watches the video through your user admin dashboard and the reviewing your team’s Most Recent Completions.
Why Learning Maps are So Valuable to Your Training Efforts
The Choice University team has been updating the learning maps for all positions over the past couple of months. Learning Maps will continue to change and evolve as new content is released and others are updated. All learning maps now have four sections:
- Brand, Hospitality, and Guest Experience Foundations
- Using Choice Programs, Tools, and Resources
- Job Functions, Responsibilities, and Duties
- Business / Hotel Operational Knowledge
We have modified the first line of the learning maps to create a stronger learning experience for new employees. Students are encouraged to start with the first line and focus on the brand, hospitality, and guest experience fundamentals first before proceeding with the remaining content.
Learning Maps help guide team members (or students) to the critical content to help them perform their job duties effectively. We encourage students to sign on regularly and strive to complete the learning map during the first few months upon hiring. Please note that learning maps do change over time and that on occasion new content is added or content is updated resulting in changes to the learning maps status.
Encourage Team Members to Sign into ChoiceU.com and ChoiceUTV.com Weekly
Developing a habit of visiting ChoiceU.com and ChoiceUTV.com regularly can help drive the performance of your hotel. You could:
- Assign a video for everyone to watch during the week with a focus on guest service or a brand program or initiative
- Encourage team members to complete a content item in their student learning map
Students can sign on to ChoiceU.com or ChoiceUTV.com using their same username and password for either website. By encouraging regular activity on ChoiceU.com, together we can help drive the performance of your hotel through learning and developing a team of well-trained hospitality professionals.
REMINDER! Choice ONBOARD Training Class Compliance Change
We understand that opening a hotel can require a lot of time, and that developing steady revenue may be a bit challenging. Choice ONBOARD can help. Hotels that complete ONBOARD typically experience higher LTR scores and RevPAR Index in the first 18 months than those that do not (based on 2020 averages). Beginning in 2022, ONBOARD compliance penalties will go into effect for all Choice branded hotels. If your hotel has not completed ONBOARD, your hotel will be financially impacted by this compliance penalty.
If you sign up for an upcoming ONBOARD class now, you can take advantage of the virtual workshops (no travel costs) AND we will divide your enrollment fee into three monthly installments rather than a single lump sum. ONBOARD in-person training will resume in later 2022.
Click here to view the upcoming ONBOARD sessions and sign up.
Management Motivation Video Series – December 2021
In December, we continued our weekly series of videos we call Management Motivation. Each week, we launch a short video (in three minutes or less) from speaker and author Jones Loflin. These videos are designed to equip individuals with real tools to conquer the biggest challenge facing all of us – making the best choices with our time and effort.
December’s titles include:
Is It Time to Stop Trying to Lead Like a Hero?
How to Halt Your Bad Choices This Week
How to Determine the Best Balance Between Work and Rest
Is Your Gratitude Limited by Your Waiting for Things to Slow Down
To launch and review all current Management Motivation videos, CLICK HERE !
Operator Certifications (HOST/EMBARK) Earned in December!
Congratulations to the following individuals who earned their operator certification in December. Operator certification currently includes the HOST program for most brands and EMBARK for WoodSpring Suites hotels.
- Devang Brahmbhatt, Quality Inn & Suites (VA117)
- Tim Brown, Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Triadelphia – Wheeling (WV113)
- Shannon Busby, Quality Inn Branson On the Strip (MO092)
- Harry Carpenter, WoodSpring Suites North Charleston Airport I-526 (SC604)
- Tasha Chute, Quality Inn & Suites (SC094)
- Kelly Clark, Comfort Inn Airport (MI121)
- David Dallo, Comfort Inn & Suites (MI496)
- Christina Dominguez, Comfort Inn & Suites Love Field-Dallas Market Center (TX482)
- Blake English, WoodSpring Suites Little Rock (AR303)
- Reyna Fitch, Comfort Inn Chula Vista San Diego South (CAD71)
- Matthew Heatherly, WoodSpring Suites Broomfield-Westminster (CO418)
- Bo Myung Jang, Comfort Suites Airport South (AL269) – GOLD AWARD WINNER – 2021
- Desheika Jones, Quality Inn & Suites (LA135)
- Chris Kilkus, Comfort Inn & Suites (VA756)
- Nirali Maradia, Quality Inn Lebanon – Highway 109 (TN824)
- Jerome Marrow, WoodSpring Suites Minneapolis Fridley (MN210)
- Ben Patel, Quality Inn Charleston – West Ashley (SC122)
- Dolly Patel, Econo Lodge Pocomoke City Hwy 13 (MD006)
- Kamlesh Patel, Sleep Inn & Suites Parkersburg-Marietta (WV130) – GOLD AWARD WINNER – 2021
- Kanaiya Patel, Rodeway Inn & Suites (WI098)
- Ramanbhai Patel, Quality Inn & Suites Summit County (CO148)
- Rani Patel, Econo Lodge (MI114)
- Riki Patel, Quality Inn & Suites (IL387)
- Rohit Patel, Comfort Inn Conference Center Tumwater – Olympia (WI126)
- Sangita Patel, Quality Inn at the Park (SC438)
- Gamze Rae, Comfort Suites Northwest Houston at Beltway 8 (TXH08) – PLATINUM AWARD WINNER – 2021
- Morgan Scott, Quality Inn (PA343)
- Wadi Shah, Clarion Pointe (TX296)
- Shivani Sood, Comfort Inn (WA717)
- Nancy Stafford, Comfort Suites Little Rock West (AR181)
- Mercedes Stevenson-Molina, WoodSpring Suites Philadephia Northeast (PA872)
- Kevin Thorton, Quality Inn near Hearst Castle (CA831)
- Akenshai Towns, WoodSpring Suites West Monroe (LA409)
- Jeremy Tremper, WoodSpring Suites Louisville South (KY337)
- Theresa Vantassel, Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport (NY132)
- Kathleen Wilson, WoodSpring Suites Thornton-North Denver (CO458)