This month we highlight content and opportunities for leaders and managers to improve the performance of their team. In addition, we outline additional new content that is available and highlight training to help improve your skills as a manager and leader of your hotel. Plus, we are pleased to announce February’s HOST and EMBARK completions and acknowledge the achievement for those who are now operator certified.
DON’T FORGET! Commitment to Clean Recertification
We appreciate everyone’s support in helping maintain a clean and safe environment for guests, fellow employees, and everyone who visits your hotel. This is an important step in assuring we can help create a great experience for everyone who visits our hotels.
As a reminder, Commitment to Clean Captain certification is valid for one year. ChoiceU will notify each student via email when their Captain certification is about to expire and the steps to take to maintain their certification should it be needed to remain in compliant with the Commitment to Clean brand standard. This email will be sent just prior to a student’s certification expiration date as a reminder. It is important that together we keep up with the changes in industry and brand standards and validate our commitment to clean on a regular and consistent basis. Please note that during the year, some of the content for certification may change and retaking the knowledge check will be required. To verify your compliance with the Commitment to Clean training standard, visit your hotel’s Performance Zone Scorecard or check the Brand Training section of your ChoiceU.com administrator account.
Should a student desire to update their certification prior to their expiration date, they may do so by selecting the Commitment to Clean Captain certification from their Brand Training location on the toolbar in ChoiceU.com.
If you have not visited the Commitment to Clean Hub on ChoiceCentral recently – do so today! CLICK HERE!
DON’T MISS OUT! The Schools of Choice University Can Help Drive Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities for Managers of all Levels
The Schools of Choice University is an opportunity for managers and leaders at all levels to expand their knowledge and skills through specialized content provided in partnership with SkillSoft. Each of the five schools is designed to provide content that assists in developing a stronger foundation for management job functions both personally and professionally. The Schools are divided into the five learning tracks on ChoiceU.com, and they include:
To learn more about the Schools of Choice University – CLICK HERE!
The Schools of Choice University is open to all students who have a management job function. Currently, due to access restrictions, line employees do not have the schools content assigned to them. Anyone in a management job function can take the courses. To receive regular updates on school content and educational opportunity, we encourage managers to enroll and acknowledge a desire to receive regular emails on School content and activities. To enroll – CLICK HERE!
Management / Skills Development Focus: Coaching Employees to Higher Levels of Performance
These programs are available to all management job functions and are designed to help you develop your management and leadership skills. These three courses are a part of the School of Business Leadership and Management and are a part of the Schools of Choice University:
Developing Successful Coaching Relationship (elesson)
In a perfect business world, all employees would be ideally suited to their jobs, with skills and aptitudes fully aligned to their roles. In the real world, however, successful leadership requires coaching and mentoring. Leaders must foster a culture conducive to coaching and be capable themselves of stepping into a coaching role when it’s called for. In this course, you’ll learn coaching techniques for building dynamic and purposeful coaching relationships.
Coaching Techniques That Inspire Coachees to Action (elesson)
Successful businesses see the development of talent as an essential activity. This course identifies how coaching helps professional growth, how to develop relationships with coachees, assess their needs, and create goals to meet them.
Keeping Your Coachee Committed and Accountable (elesson)
Productive coaching is essential to the professional development. In this course, you’ll learn actions for gaining commitment from coachees, measuring their progress, and how to recognize when they’re ready to move forward on their own.
Management Motivation Video Series – February 2022
Throughout February, we continued our weekly series of videos we call Management Motivation. At regular intervals, we launch a short video (in three minutes or less) from speaker and author Jones Loflin. These videos are designed to equip individuals with real tools to conquer the biggest challenge facing all of us – making the best choices with our time and effort.
February’s videos include:
To launch and review all current Management Motivation videos, CLICK HERE !
Operator Certifications (HOST/EMBARK) Earned in February!
Congratulations to the following individuals who earned their operator certification in January. Operator certification currently includes the HOST program for most brands and EMBARK for WoodSpring Suites hotels.
- Courtney Berry, Quality Inn & Suites University Fort Collins (CO153)
- Lysa Burlison, WoodSpring Suites Columbus Urbancrest (OH747)
- Kyle Campbell, WoodSpring Suites Indianapolis Lawrence (IN506)
- Danielle Cegers, Sleep Inn (OR420)
- Veronica Chilson, Quality Inn Ithaca – University Area (NY199)
- Ashley Clay, WoodSpring Suites Aurora Denver Airport (CO390)
- Mia Davis, Comfort Inn & Suites Augusta (KS226)
- Sidy Diallo, Comfort Inn & Suites Davenport – Quad Cities (IA125)
- Amber Dyson, Quality Inn Clute Freeport (TXD68)
- Tasi Faafoi, Clarion Inn near JBLM (WA304)
- Cynthia Fleming, Quality Inn & Suites Greenfield I-70 (IN219)
- Robin Galloway, Quality Hotel & Conference Centre Sawridge (CNB90)
- Tracy Green, Quality Inn Barre-Montpelier (VT074)
- Freida Gates, The Esquire Hotel Downtown Gastonia, Ascend Hotel Collection (NC786)
- Hadley Grams, Comfort Inn & Suites Jacksonville – Orange Park (FLD93)
- Jacque Haemmerle, Sleep Inn & Suites (MI187)
- Erandy Hall, Sleep Inn & Suites (AR167)
- Kevin Hamacher, WoodSpring Suites Kalamazoo (MI516)
- Nile Harbertson, WoodSpring Suites Salt Lake City (UT237)
- Denise Huffman, MainStay Suites Airport (VA342)
- Caitlin Hughes, Comfort Inn (TN351)
- Ginny Jacobs, Comfort Inn (OH087)
- George Kaufman, Quality Inn & Suites near Downtown Mesa (AZ429)
- Lisa Keim, Comfort Inn & Suites (OH792)
- Melanie Manuel, Comfort Inn Aikens Center (WV023)
- Denise McArthur, Comfort Inn Tooele City – Dugway (UT242)
- Ankit Mehta, Comfort Inn & Suites Piqua-Near Troy-I75 (OH078)
- Lisa Montoya, Comfort Suites (NM091)
- Srilatha Mupparthy, Rodeway Inn (AR329)
- Juan Ortiz, Econo Lodge South (FL370)
- Amarpreet Pander, Quality Suites (KY411)
- Bhavin Patel, Quality Inn (TN429)
- Dhaval Patel, Sleep Inn Hardeeville (SC199)
- Hiral Patel, Econo Lodge Inn & Suites (IN523)
- Manish Patel, Quality Inn (VA434)
- Neil Patel, Sleep Inn & Suites Green Bay South (WI088)
- Nisha Patel, Comfort Inn Ogden near Event Center (UT137)
- Vimal Patel, Quality Inn & Suites Ft. Jackson Maingate (SC337)
- Vinay Patel, Comfort Inn & Suites (NY761)
- Christina Patel, WoodSpring Suites (VA863)
- Anne Penix, WoodSpring Suites Atlanta Chamblee (GAA78)
- Starla Pierce, Clarion Pointe Madison-Huntsville (AL566)
- Sarvshresth Poonia, Quality Inn Kanab National Park Area (UT109)
- Cristiana Rutia, Quality Inn & Suites By the Parks (FLB58)
- Neida Santiago, Rodeway Inn South Miami – Coral Gables (FL645)
- Geisha Schieffer, Comfort Inn Paducah I-24 (KY190)Jainam Shah, IA056
- Kavita Shah,Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Charlotte-Ballantyne (NC533)
- Elizabeth Smith, Quality Inn (MN404)
- Teresa Teel, Quality Inn Surfside Myrtle Beach (SC188)
- Willie Tennant, WoodSpring Suites Atlanta McDonough (GAA96)
- Kim Vaivao, WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Gastonia (NC932)
- Shalin Vakharia, MainStay Suites (OH837)
- Bob Warren, Comfort Suites Beachfront (VA563)
- Stephanie Watson, Quality Inn & Suites Maine Evergreen Hotel (ME011)
- Bill Wright, Quality Inn (CO701)