There is a lot happening at Choice University and on ChoiceU.com. We want to outline ways to help improve your training efforts, share new content that is available, and highlight training to help improve your skills as a manager and leader of your hotel. Plus, we are pleased to announce November’s HOST completions and acknowledge the achievement for those who are now operator certified.
Learning Map Updates will be completed in December
The Choice University team has been updating the learning maps for all positions over the past couple of months. Learning Maps will continue to change and evolve as new content is released and others are updated. All learning maps now have four sections:
- Brand, Hospitality, and Guest Experience Foundations
- Using Choice Programs, Tools, and Resources
- Job Functions, Responsibilities, and Duties
- Business / Hotel Operational Knowledge
We have modified the first line of the learning maps to create a stronger learning experience for new employees. They will be encouraged to start with the first line and focus on the brand, hospitality, and guest experience fundamentals first before proceeding with the remaining content.
Service and Culture Training Programs Updated for Comfort, Clarion, and Quality hotels
Have you heard? The service culture programs for Comfort, Clarion, and Quality have been updated and refreshed. The content for these brand culture programs can be found in the respective learning maps for individuals working for Comfort, Clarion, and Quality branded hotels.
Choice ONBOARD Training Class Compliance Change beginning in 2022
We understand that opening a hotel can require a lot of time, and that developing steady revenue may be a bit challenging. Choice ONBOARD can help. Hotels that complete ONBOARD typically experience higher LTR scores and RevPAR Index in the first 18 months than those that do not (based on 2020 averages). Beginning in 2022, ONBOARD compliance penalties will go into effect for all Choice branded hotels. If your hotel has not completed ONBOARD, your hotel will be financially impacted by this compliance penalty.
If you sign up for an upcoming ONBOARD class now, you can take advantage of the virtual workshops (no travel costs) AND we will divide your enrollment fee into three monthly installments rather than a single lump sum. ONBOARD in-person training will resume in 2022. Workshops have limited availability and are filling quickly for this year, so don’t delay. The sooner you sign up, the sooner you can take advantage of the knowledge and benefits you will gain through these interactive workshops…and you can avoid the upcoming compliance requirements launching in 2022.
Click here to view the upcoming sessions and sign up.
New Content Launched in November
The following content items were released in November and are available for you and your team to review and learn from:
Coffee Breaks with ChoiceRM: New Year System Preparation (video)
Preparing for the new year can set you on the path to meeting and exceeding your revenue goals. Not sure where to start? Listen as Jaylene Katt and Dana Sailer-Mielke, from Choice’s Revenue Management Department, discuss easy to implement ideas and strategies for the year to come.
Call Forwarding: Group Reservations (video)
Ever wonder what would happen if Call Forwarding received a reservation request for a Group? Learn what is needed for the Call Forwarding Team to be able to handle booking group reservations.
Room Condition Program Update! Updated Program Focuses on Cleanliness and Condition
In November, a new version of the Room Condition program was launched – now called Cleanliness and Condition. The previous 7 modules have been combined into one elesson. For everyone who completed the previous version, credit for the content remains – no one needs to retake the content unless asked to or they choose to.
To review the updated Cleanliness and Condition program – CLICK HERE!
Management Motivation Video Series – November 2021
In November, we continued our weekly series of videos we call Management Motivation. Each week, we launch a short video (in three minutes or less) from speaker and author Jones Loflin. These videos are designed to equip individuals with real tools to conquer the biggest challenge facing all of us – making the best choices with our time and effort.
November’s titles include:
To launch and review all current Management Motivation videos, CLICK HERE !
In the past month, 50 new managers enrolled into the HOST Program. Congratulations to the following 25 individuals who completed the HOST Program in November:
- Kim Ball, Comfort Inn & Suites Wildwood – The Villages (FL907)
- Ashley Bohnstedt, Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Joplin (MO383)
- Priyanka Brahmbhatt, Rodeway Inn (MA191)
- Jennifer Burke, Comfort Inn & Suites (FLD14)
- Krystal Butterworth, Sleep Inn & Suites Roseburg North Near Medical Center (OR091)
- Bernadette Carito, Comfort Inn & Suites (CT141)
- Delsie Davis, Comfort Inn Summerville – Charleston (SC220) – GOLD AWARD WINNING HOTEL
- Rachel Dilbeck, Comfort Suites (TXA63)
- Irfan Faruqi, Comfort Suites Chesapeake – Norfolk (VA122)
- Oscar Gonzalez, Comfort Inn Monterey Park – Los Angeles (CA692)
- Gary Grewal, Quality Inn & Suites Albuquerque North near Balloon Fiesta Park (NM169)
- Kimberly Koewers, Quality Inn (FLD03)
- Jay Kumar, Comfort Inn Dallas Park Central (TXH90)
- David Mireles, Quality Inn & Suites Blue Springs – Kansas City (MO435)
- Shantonnia Parker, Comfort Inn & Suites Airport (LA105)
- Nick Patel, Clarion Pointe Fresno near Yosemite (CAH38)
- Ronak Patel, Comfort Inn Sandy Springs – Perimeter (GA397)
- Vipul Patel, Comfort Suites St George – University Area (UT203)
- Paul Rescigno, Comfort Suites Springfield RiverBend Medical (OR095)
- Cheyenne Skryzmoski, Comfort Suites (VA421)
- Josh Smith, Comfort Inn Richfield I-70 (UT072) – GOLD AWARD WINNING HOTEL
- Cindy Williams, Comfort Suites Mobile East Bay (AL142)
- Clint Wills, Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport (WI065)
- Joey Wise, Comfort Inn & Suites (AL204)
- Kevin Yao, Quality Suites (CA818)